On 13-17 September 2019 the region of Ulyanovsk in Russia will host the 1st TAFISA World Martial Arts Festival. This new TAFISA event aims to share the values and benefits of Martial Arts with people to make the world a better place.
The Festival will be hosted and organised by the Autonomous non-profit organisation «Ulcongress», the Government of the Ulyanovsk region, the Russian Union of Martial Arts and TAFISA, with the support of the Ministry of Sport of the Russian Federation and the Ministry of Physical Culture and Sport of the Ulyanovsk Region.
The objectives of the Festival are to:
- Promote martial arts as Traditional Sports and Games for their historical and cultural value
- Promote Sport for All and physical activity through martial arts for their health and socio-economic benefits
- Promote the values of martial arts, and Sport for All in general, such as peace, friendship, respect, active and healthy lifestyle
- Discover martial arts from countries of all continents
- Promote martial arts for demonstration, participation, education and play
- Make martial arts visible to the public
- Promote the cultural identity of participating groups
- Provide a platform for exchange of knowledge
- Enable people to experience less known martial arts
The Festival will present at least 30 different martial arts from all over the world and focus essentially on demonstrations, performances and master classes rather than competition.
More information on the 1st TAFISA World Martial Arts Festival 2019 in Ulyanovsk, Russia, including how to register for the event will be available soon.