Dear WJF Friends,
The WJF Sweden is the Swedish branch of World Judo Federation, accepted in 2019.
WJF Sweden is administrated by a board and the National Office Dokan Dojo, located in Gothenburg.
Our main objective is to spread the message about a”Judo for All”, a training for all ages in traditional Kodokan Judo.
Our wiew of a traditional Kodokan Judo
We value the tradition and philosophy of the founder Kano Shihan. Judo should be a true Budō and Martial Art, with training in all the included Waza, Kodokan Kata and studies in Judo History.
We prefer ”the Old school Judo”-rules, allowing leg grabs and some more time for Ne waza groundwork
Kodokan Kata practising will always be an important part of our activity
We have now started to register all our black belts with both WJF certificates and ID.
Some of our upcoming event during the autumn will be:
- World Judo Day and WJF Sweden National Dan Grading in August
- Kata Course ”Kime no Kata” in December
We are offering two kinds of Membership:
• Annual Club/Dojo Membership
• Individual Membership
Our Future plans
Our plan will for the moment be focused on:
• promotion of traditional Kodokan Judo and World Judo Federation in Sweden
• our Annual Kata Course
• to organizing both upcoming WJF Sweden National Instructor Course and Referee Course
• to establish a WJF Sweden National Team in both Shiai and Kata
For the moment, we are still in a start-up stage.
Our wish is that we soon will get more involved members who can contribute to this work.
We will return with some reports and news during the autumn!
WJF Sweden National Office
c/o Dokan Dojo
Cell phone: +46 708 767948
Download Indo: WJF Sweden News July 2020.pdf