The Mission of the World Judo Federation (WJF) is to promote Traditional Kodokan Judo worldwide with a foundation of mutual respect for all styles or systems and to provide services and guidance to foster Technical Excellence, Fellowship and Human Character Development. The WJF is committed to ensure Integrity, Fairness and the Highest Standards within the International Sports and Martial Arts Community.
|The World Judo Foundation, established by the World Judo Federation (WJF) shall be operated exclusively for educational, cultural and charitable purposes relating to Traditional Kodokan Judo (TKJ) across the globe; in particular to carry out the purely educational, cultural and charitable activities promoting Judo For All by the WJF. The educational, cultural and charitable activities of the WJF’s Foundation relate principally to Traditional Kodokan Judo and include public educational and instructional programs involving research, publications, clinics, tournaments, the establishment of scholarships, the development of international cultural exchange programs and the training and certifications of judo instructors / leaders and the training to promote Judo For All.
The Foundation will:
- Sponsor Judo For All research programs & projects.
- Establish and maintain reference libraries, training institutions and museums.
- Publish and distribute textbooks, manuals, graphics and other educational aids on Traditional Kodokan Judo.
- Award scholarships and grants-in-aid for TKJ research and education.
- Cooperate with other martial arts & related sport organizations in all matters pertaining to Traditional Kodokan Judo with its focus of Judo For All.
- Plan, organize and implement international Judo exchange programs.
- Solicit funds from the general public, corporations and organizations in support of international Judo exchange programs and other activities of WJF’s Foundation.
- Organize and coordinate worldwide instructional programs on Traditional Kodokan Judo focused on Judo For All.
- The World Judo Foundation will have its worldwide headquarters in the United States of America with the day-to-day management provided by the Office of the WJF General Secretary.
No part of the net earnings of WJF’s Foundation shall inure to the benefit of, or be distributable to its members, trustees, and officers, other private persons. No substantial part of the activities of this Foundation shall be the carrying on of propaganda, or otherwise attempting to influence legislation, and the Foundation shall not participate in, or intervene in (including the publishing or distribution of statements) any political campaign on behalf of any candidate for public office in any government. Notwithstanding any other provision of these articles the Foundation shall not carry on any other activities not permitted to be carried on (a) by a corporation exempt from federal income tax under section 501 (c) (3) of the USA Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding section of any future federal tax code, or (b) by a corporation, contributions to which are deductible under section 170(c)(2) of the Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding section of any future federal tax code.
The Board of Trustees of the WJF Foundation is responsible for the control and management of the business affairs of the Foundation, including the establishment of all programs, policies and operating procedures of the Foundation.
WJF Executive Committee & Board of Trustees:
President, Jaime Casanova Martinez
1st Vice-President & VP for Europe, Paul Hoglund
Vice-President for Panamerica & Treasurer, Paulo Dubois
Vice-President for Oceania, David Gordge
General Secretary & Marketing Director, Bruce R. Bethers
Education & Coaching Director, Jose Manuel Garcia
Referee Director, Carlos Diaz
Sports Director, Alejandro Giuliano